Becoming a member
Why should you join FCCLA?!
- Over 160,000 members worldwide
- Field trips
- Leadership Rally @ Bridgewater College
- State fair
- Nursing home visits
- Funkys / Shenandoah T Bowl
- VA State Leadership & Recognition Conference in Virginia Beach
- National Leadership Conference all around the country *Nashville, TN this year!
- State fair
- STAR events
- State conference
- National conference
- Poster contests
- Monthly Meetings, Pizza Parties, Ice Cream Parties, Baked Potato Booth @ Autumn Days, Strawberry Sales, Parade Floats, FCCLA Week, Membership Appreciation, Bake Sales, Door Prizes, Banquet & Silent Auction, Career Day, Family Fun Night/Meal, MORE!!!
A lot of students might think it is too late to become a member but that is not the case. Mrs. Stroop, our adviser, welcomes new members any time of the school year. Becoming a member is also simple and easy. Follow the steps below and join us for food, fun, and lots of new friends.
Step 1: Find Mrs. Stroop or one of our chapter officers and get the affiliation papers.
Step 2: Completely fill out the affiliation papers and return them to Mrs. Stroop with $15. (Make checks payable to EMS FCCLA)
Step 3: Begin coming to chapter activities.
If you have any questions visit Mrs. Stroop in room 112
Responsibilities of a member
- Attend most if not all FCCLA chapter events- Chapter meetings, fundraising events, and field trips
- Be a good role model- You are representing FCCLA
- Be informed- Stay up to date on chapter activities and remind fellow members about upcoming events